RE: [Nolug] Video capture from VCR to DV using a firewire or USB2 device

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:18:41 -0400 (EDT)

Ron,

You need to remember that one can not edit without first grabbing the
video from which ever source.

How much footage you have?
Does it fit onto a 40gb firewire drive? DV compression is always 5:1

I could arrange you an acces to the VCR deck --> DV deck (with transcoder)
and then get the footage to the firewire drive.

However, I will be very busy until atleast to the end of August. If you
are in no hurry.