Re: [Nolug] mount fd0

From: Jay Latham <jlat_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:47:03 -0500

Scott Harney said the following on 07/23/2004 11:12 AM:
<snip>

> I'm not familiar with the floppy format tool in kde. I suspect it may
> have low-level formatted the floppy but not actually made an ext2
> filesystem on it. After you format it (say with fdformat) you need to
> do something like "mke2fs /dev/fd0"
>
> You may need to do things as root despite the "user" directive in fstab.
> Also, did you try "mount /mnt/floppy" ?

Sorry Scott I forgot to mention that I had tried to mount it as both
user and root with the same results.

I just tried it the way you suggested using fdformat and mke2fs and I
got a different error msg:

wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/fd0,
        or too many mounted file systems

Again I put a disk in formatted for dos and it mounted with no problems.

Jay