Re: [Nolug] mount fd0

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:58:24 -0500

Jay Latham wrote:
> Chris Reames said the following on 07/23/2004 11:36 AM:
>
>> Also, look for the simple explanation.
>> Was a floppy already mounted and removed without being unmounted?
>>
> I had never mounted a floppy on this computer before and running mount
> didn't list fd0 as being mounted.
> To be honest this all started because I found a box of floppies I had
> forgotten about and I decided to see how the floppy formatter in kde
> worked. Like Scott I tend to use the c/l instead of gui tools so this
> was just for fun until I ran into this problem.
>
> I don't know that much about reiserfs and was wondering if this could be
> the problem. I usually use ext2 when doing a install but reiserfs was
> the default on Slack 10 and I was feeling lazy ;-)

hmm. is your system all reiserfs? Maybe slack didn't install ext2
support into the kernel. Or maybe it's available as a module. If it
is, it should autoload, but perhaps "modprobe ext2" prior to your mount
attempts will help.

--
Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com>
"Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers"