Re: [Nolug] application/x-java-vm plugin

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:57:07 -0500

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 13:52 -0500, John D. Tiedeman wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

[snip]

> >>I am using Firefox. Java is enabled, or at least entering some Java
> >>commands without parameters bring up a message to enter with --help,
> >>which yields a listing.
> >>
> >>I have found that libjavaplugin_oji.so is present in the same directory
> >>as the flash plugin, which appears to be working at present. Does that
> >>mean I don't need to add it to my path? If I do need to add it, do you
> >>mean the one accessed by $PATH or something else? I don't know how to
> >>get to one that's just for the browser.
> >
> >Do you see Java mentioned when you put about:plugins in the
> >address bar?
> >
> I only see Shockwave Flash.

Well, I guess maybe though Java is installed on your box, the
plugin isn't installed in Firefox....

Ok, I've got libjavaplugin_oji.so in this directory:
/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/

Yours may be in a different directory, depending on which version
of Java you have installed.

In the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory, make a symlink to
that libjavaplugin_oji.so file.