Re: [Nolug] Gentoo on Stargate Atlantis

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:18:58 -0500

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 09:54 -0500, Chris Reames wrote:
> Hey guys,
> Does anyone watch SG-1 on Sci-Fi channel?
> Last night was the premier of Stargate Atlantis, and there was a young boy
> named Gentoo.

Yeah, I heard that word. Are you sure they spelled it 'Gentoo'?
Or maybe Jen-tu, or Gen-two, etc.

> Coincidence, maybe, but I thought it was cool.
> To my knowledge not even the Borg have anyone named Windows 9x,NT,2000,XP
> etc.
>
> Rambling: There have been several shows that referred to a renegade type
> rogue as a longhorn, but longhorn hasn't been released yet, so I don't think
> this counts.
>
> Continued Rambling: I saw a commercial that the new Battlestar Galactica
> series was going to start up again soon.
> I miss the shiny metal suits with the chasing leds, but the newer models
> have their own unique distractions.

The new one's just trying to be PC. Cigar-chomping, uber-buff
chicks are too scary.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
An ad run by the NEA (the US's biggest public school TEACHERS
UNION) in the Spring and Summer of 2003 asks a teenager if he can
find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the elements.
And they wonder why people think public schools suck...