Re: [Nolug] configuring grub for a second hard drive

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:17:07 -0400

"John D. Tiedeman" <jdtiede@sstar.com> writes:

> I found an old 3.2G disc that runs w2k. I want to modify grub on my
> 40G disc that runs Fedora 1 so it will boot either. All the info I can
> find now is not specific about redhat or Fedora, so I am having
> trouble find the right file to edit and exactly what I should put
> it. I think there's supposed to be something about "chainloader" in it
> for w2k.

On my system the file to modify is /boot/grub/menu.lst.

To let me boot into WindowsXP for the once in a blue moon that I need
to:

    title Windows XP
    root (hd0,1)
    chainloader +1
    boot

Since it sounds like your W2K installation is on another drive,
you'll need to change the (hd0,1) part.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.