Re: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage?

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:36:12 -0500

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 17:57 -0500, Scott Harney wrote:
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> I can't connect outbound to port 80 anywhere. I can connect to port
> 443, however and (so far) any other port. I checked my Mom's, who is a
> cox customer in metairie, and she appears to be able to surf web sites
> normally.

  slashdot.org:
  503 Service Unavailable
  The service is not available. Please try again later.

But then, in order to *get* that message, I have to be able to
surf, right?

These all work fine:
http://linuxtoday.com/
http://www.steelypips.org
http://neurocrat.com

> Also I cannot call cox's local front-end number (304-8444) for help. It
> just rings or gives a fast busy -- tried from both a cell phone and land
> line.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
"The attack by those who want to die -- this is the attack
against which you cannot prepare a perfect defense"
The Dosadi Experiment, by Frank Herbert