Re: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage? - Cause and Explanation

From: Dave Cash <dave_at_gnofn.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:15:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Jeff Lee wrote:

> This may have been asked already but I was wondering how much it would cost
> or if it is even possible to open these ports on residential service. If not
> where can I find the prices for non-res service?
>
> Mainly I would use this for demoing and offsite backup when our t1 goes
> down.

Unless you have to stay with Cox for some reason, I suggest going
with DSL. I have a $50/month residential account with i-55.com (a
Hammond company). All ports are open in and out and I have a static
IP. And they have no problem with me running multiple computers off
the one account; they just won't give tech support for said network.

The bandwidth is 1.5Mbps down and 256kbps up.

Just my $0.02.

Dave

Dave Cash Power to the People!
Frolicking in Fields of Garlic Right On-Line!
dave@gnofn.org Dig it all.