RE: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage? - Cause and Explanation

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:08:25 -0500

Hi Ron.

For general info please see http://www.sstar.com/svc_rate.html#personal.

If you are curious about the 3M/384K ADSL I can fill you in. It requires
that you be within 13K feet rather than 18K for normal ADSL. It is only
available via PPPoE (or PPPoA, depending on vendor), not bridged.

The same equipment you have now should work, except for needing something to
handle the PPPoE. Most of the routers will do it, XP will handle it and I
understand that there is a driver for Linux.

John

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com