RE: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage? - Cause and Explanation

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:43:15 -0500

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 15:08 -0500, John Souvestre wrote:
> Hi Ron.
>
> For general info please see http://www.sstar.com/svc_rate.html#personal.
>
> If you are curious about the 3M/384K ADSL I can fill you in. It requires
> that you be within 13K feet rather than 18K for normal ADSL. It is only

Mmmm, that probably shoots me down right there.

> available via PPPoE (or PPPoA, depending on vendor), not bridged.

What does "bridged" mean? Presumably it has something to do with
"regular Ethernet".

I remember "way back" that bridges and brouters were pretty
common in the Ethernet world, but haven't heard about them in
5+ years, Since Switches Took Over The World.