Re: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage? - Cause and Explanation

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:00:04 -0500 (CDT)

No you can't. That is because Bellsouth won't unbundle their voice and
data services, which is a load of crap. I suggest you file a complaint
with the La Public Service Commission (LPSC), and try to contact Jay
Blossman (or the commissioner for your district,
http://www.lpsc.org/commissioners.asp) and let them know. I already
have. Be sure to tell them that Verizon recently unbundled their
services, no reason why Bellsouth can't.

I doubt it will do any good. From what i hear, Bellsouth has the entire
LPSC so far in their pockets, it's not even funny. Wouldn't surprise me
if Blossman was the worst... (he's been accused of "accepting gifts" many
times before).

ray