Re: [Nolug] Glogs and galleries

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 08:09:37 -0500

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 07:24 -0500, Tim Kelley wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2004 17:01, Dustin Puryear wrote:
>
> > Moore, like any ideologue, continues to commit the same sin that other
> > ideologues do: He colors facts and reinforces "possibles" so that they
> > favor his view. While he may have a few valid points, people are so
> > polarized by his approach that I don't think he has a real chance of
> > swaying opinions. Alas, I see this becoming more of a problem over time,
> > not less. As far as current politics, both Republicans and Democrats do it,
> > and that's one reason why I am an independent.
>
> Moore is not really an ideologue; he's an activist and a propagandist (and a
> reasonably successful one). His activism centers on critique, not
> ideological propositions (what . He's rather practical as far as politics
> are concerned, really. For the record, I don't consider Bush an ideologue
> either (though his administration is packed with them). Every loudmouth is
> not an ideologue ...

Hmmm, but why be a political loudmouth unless you are an ideo-
logue?

> The democratic party in the US is not very ideologically unified either -
> which is most likely why they are not as successful as the (very
> ideologically focused) republican party.

Idunno 'bout that. While you won't see too many Republicans
(except maybe in the northeast) being a volunteer abortion rights
activist, there is a spectrum of beliefs on that issue, fetal
stem cell research, gay rights, etc. Nancy Reagan, Rudy Giuliani
& The Governator are some examples.

Any "conservative" national Democrats? (Except Zel Miller?)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
All of the "reporting" about Laci Peterson & Michael Jackson
reminds me of the Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry": "Can we do the
operation? Is the head dead yet? You know, the boys in the
newsroom got a running bet. Get the widow on the set, we need
dirty laundry."