Re: [Nolug] Glogs and galleries

From: Tim Kelley <entropy_at_r00tserverz.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:08:24 -0500

On Wednesday 04 August 2004 08:09, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Hmmm, but why be a political loudmouth unless you are an ideo-
> logue?

What does that have to do with it? One can be very political and yet not
ideological; ideology is the realm of those who have "figured out the way the
universe works" - politics is for everyone.

> > The democratic party in the US is not very ideologically unified either -
> > which is most likely why they are not as successful as the (very
> > ideologically focused) republican party.
>
> Idunno 'bout that. While you won't see too many Republicans
> (except maybe in the northeast) being a volunteer abortion rights
> activist, there is a spectrum of beliefs on that issue, fetal
> stem cell research, gay rights, etc. Nancy Reagan, Rudy Giuliani
> & The Governator are some examples.

Phhpt. One of the goals of ideologues is to reduce the parameters of debate
to absurd levels. I consider most of the "issues" in US politics to be
non-issues.

> Any "conservative" national Democrats? (Except Zel Miller?)

Plenty. Almost all of them. Clinton, for example, was very conservative.
Lieberman is practically a fascist. See "parameters of debate" above.