Re: [Nolug] Professional Question

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:07:21 -0500

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 16:40 -0500, Chris Reames wrote:
> What information is an IT Professional required to give a company that they
> are quitting?
>
> Specifically, am I required (by law) to write SOP's that have no previous
> revision?

Before you leave, you still have to do what The Man tells you to
do. And if he says "write an SOP", then, well, you gots to do
it.

Whether they can make you come back after you've quit.... You
probably need to bring a copy of your employment contract to a
labor lawyer.

> Am I required (by law) to document any special routines, other than source
> code?
> I realize I have to give up passwords to all accounts, but am I required (by
> law) to train a replacement?

See above.

> I'm about to be put through the ringer and have every innovative
> idea stolen from me.
> Need help.

Innovative ideas that you thought of at the office?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
After listening to many White House, Pentagon & CENTCOM briefings
in both Gulf Wars, it is my firm belief that most "senior
correspondents" either have serious agendas that don't get shaken
by facts, or are dumb as dog feces.