RE: [Nolug] Professional Question

From: Chris Reames <chris_at_drugfreemro.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 18:22:14 -0500

> Innovative ideas that you thought of at the office?

Yes, to a degree, I worked for a company previously owned by some of the
same people.
This company no-longer exists, yet these people claim that their current
company has sole ownership of my knowledge.
My understanding of the way this business works is based on general
information and common sense.

Ok, lets try this...Somebody at work gives you a blank piece of paper and
asks 'What can you do with this?'.
You take the paper and fold it into a hat. You've never folded a paper hat
and they've never had a paper hat.
( big point, they don't pay you to fold paper into hats {ie programming} )
Who owns the idea of folding the paper hat? Who owns the hat if they say
its stupid?

Thats the delima I'm facing.
Also, if I can fold a piece of paper into anything else, they want to own
that as well.