Re: [Nolug] food poll

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:35:06 -0500

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 16:17 -0500, Friedrich Gurtler wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 15:49 -0500, John Souvestre wrote:
> >

> >>Hi.
> >>
> >>How about BBQ sushi on a pizza?
> >>

> >No can do. Sushi is a style of preparation.
> >
> >What you *can* do, though, is have BBQ sushi. I've often seen
> >baked catfish sushi, and it's very good.
> >

> So if you take sushi and place it on top of a pizza it ceases to be sushi?

Hmmm. It might work if you thinly slice the rolled sushi.

> And you probably have a lot of evangelizing to do with that whole "style
> of preparation" thing. Start with M-W and Dictionary.com They both
> seem to have the wrong idea!

No, I don't think so. Reading http://dictionary.reference.com/search?
q=sushi seems to describe the style very nicely:
"Cold cooked rice dressed with vinegar"
"shaped into bite-sized pieces"
"topped with raw or cooked fish"
"or formed into a roll with fish, egg, or vegetables and wrapped
in seaweed."

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
"Large enterprises don't care about crusades. They want people
to work more efficiently."
Louis Nauges http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5198121.html