Re: [Nolug] food poll

From: Friedrich Gurtler <fgurtler_at_tulane.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:13:57 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote:

>No, I don't think so. Reading http://dictionary.reference.com/search?
>q=sushi seems to describe the style very nicely:
>"Cold cooked rice dressed with vinegar"
>"shaped into bite-sized pieces"
>"topped with raw or cooked fish"
>"or formed into a roll with fish, egg, or vegetables and wrapped
>in seaweed."

Hrm. I guess "style of preparation" made me think more along the lines
of braising, sauteeing, grilling, currying, where there arent such
restrictions as "bite-sized vinegar-dressed rice with seafood topping"
but the more I think about it, I guess it is its own style of
preparation, especially if you include more American sushi variants.
Cooked fish, raw fish, shrimp, eel, octopus, soft-shell crab, California
rolls, warm sushi, cold sushi, cucumber and avocado rolls, etc.

p.s. God, I want a super crunch roll from Mikimoto now =(