Re: [Nolug] Gmail accounts

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:55:32 -0400

Jesse Planck <jesse.planck@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. WebDAV is designed specifically for Web authoring allowing
> multi-user locking and control. It is very young as far as standards
> go... 1999 or so? It is not for file serving, yet it can be used as
> such.

That, and gmail /isn't/ a standard. How do we know GmailFS isn't
going to stop working tomorrow because of tweaks Google makes to the
system.

Oh, and you can do Subversion over DAV -- definitely cool.

Using a subversion-backed DAVfs system, you have automatic
revisioning of your files.

>> Still, though, WebDAV is a boring old standard, and Google is The
>> Big Linux Shop. And after all, this isn't this is NOLUG, not the
>> N.O. Windows U.G....

There is nothing particular to Windows about WebDAV.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.