RE: [Nolug] UNO closed

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:37:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, John Souvestre wrote:

> Because it's best that the power not be on when the water comes in. So the
> last guy out kills the power.
>
> Did I mention that my equipment is in a Cat 5 rated building? :-)

What floor? Does the cat 5 rating keep the water out? The building that
houses our data center has been here since 1938 and is made of solid
concrete (*really* helps the wireless signals...). Between building
elevation and raised floor, it's a good 3-4 feet from ground level. Would
take a massive flood here in Hammond to get that much water...

With the approaching storm, i'm just curious, how many of ya'lls companies
have a disaster recovery/contigency plan in place should your main data
communications site or equipment become incapacitated?

ray