Re: [Nolug] DNS RFC

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:59:40 -0500

Wimprine, Thomas wrote:
> During a meeting I remember someone stating that there is a .none TLD
> that would never be used on the public internet. I am unable to verify
> this, could someone point me to the RFC that states this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas

I did some googling and didn't find an RFC referencing ".none" However
RFC 2606 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2606.html ), "Reserved Top Level
DNS Names", notes .test, .invalid, .example and .localhost as well as
example.net, example.com, and example.org .

At home I just use "local.lan" as my TLD though that is not RFC
2606-compliant.

--
Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com>
"Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers"