Re: [Nolug] need help with Suse 9.1 Professional

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 14:54:35 -0500

> 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=18 ttl=64 time=0.143 ms
>
> this is what I get from ping 127.0.0.1
>
> With the old Apache 1.3 I was able to pull up my website on 127.0.0.1
> or http://localhost or http://192.168.2.103

Ah, ok, now I understand what you're asking about.

try http://localhost:8000. However, I don't see anything running on that port,
according to netstat.

Are you running a firewall? If so I would run apache on the standard port, and
have the firewall redirect port 8000 on the outside to port 80 on your
webserver. That way, anything on your LAN will work "normally", at least as
far as http goes. The way you're trying to do it should work, however.

> I am still learning a lot of this stuff and I do get confused sometimes
> and dont know which direction to go in.

No biggie. That's why we're here :-)

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL