Re: [Nolug] So...What are we doing next week?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:53:44 -0500

On Saturday 16 October 2004 3:17 am, Jacob A Duley spake:
> Well?
>
> (802.11x + Ethereal would be a cool topic...)

We're going to do what we planned last month. We'll start with a Windows ME
box all tricked out with cool wallpaper and stuff, and reformat it (YAY!).
Then, we'll do an installation of some distro of Linux, explaining each step
along the way.

This is intended to be part 1 of a series. Part 2 will see us adding users to
the box, tweaking the hardware (making sure sound works, getting the right
video resolution, etc.), and perhaps making sure a few services work (web,
mail, etc.).

January might find us performing a few more sysadmin tasks. We usually have a
Christmas party in December, due to the fact that UNO is a ghost town around
that time, etc.

Anyhow, if you know someone that's interested in getting into Linux, consider
this a HOW-TO session. I'm going to make a flyer (flier?) that we can put out
at the local PC shops and other likely places.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL