Re: [Nolug] Linux on slowwww laptops

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:04:27 -0500

I'm running my personal web/mail server on a P166/96/2GB Thinkpad, usign
Slackware. Works OK, but I'm about to upgrade to a P2 400, as the 2GB
limit was really driving me insane. I'm using samba to mount more
substantial space, but I'd rather get everything onto one machine. The
laptop drive along with samba shares are a little pokey.

I'm using a pared down slack install that works like a charm. Although
I set it up so long ago I don't remember any of the hacks I did to get
hardware working. You can just do a console only install, it's not like
you need to have sound/X/etc.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com