[Nolug] Community project: Mail/web server for Mischa DAY FIVE

From: Mischa Krilov <subs_at_krilov.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:55:30 -0600

The story so far:

Behind the scenes:
The DNS changes with my registrar have gone through, and
everything is working! Huzzah! I've sent an email to the
prior hosting provider asking them to remove my DNS record
from their nameservers.

So now I've got the idol, and I'm waiting to throw the
whip.

On my router, I've opened ports 25 (SMTP) 80 (HTTP) and 110
(POP) to the server. If I want to do IMAP, I think that's a
different port. I have 22 (SSH) pointing to a different
box, and I'm likely to intentionally leave it that way. I
probably should think about setting up a DMZ, but I know
little of such deep magic. Pros? Cons? Someting to forget
about for now?

More about SMP later.

MDK