RE: [Nolug] Linux-friendly DSL providers

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 03:46:53 -0600

Hi Jermey.

Check
http://www.bellsouth.com/broadband/dsl_solutions/discover/products_services/in
dex.html. Boxes A, B and C have the info. Don't let the names they assign to
the various categories distract you. They are just marketing names. Note
that the prices show are the tariff prices which BellSouth charges the ISP.
They don't even include connecting to the Internet or getting the signal from
BellSouth to the ISP. They just cover the cost of the line from the CO to the
customer. So your price will be much higher.

Sorry, but I don't think that there is anything beyond a press release saying
that they are going to support ADSL2+. No schedule that I've seen.

John

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com