Re: [Nolug] Can-t reactivate eth0

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:36:28 -0600

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:37:08 -0600
  Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote:

>> Error saving configuration!
>> [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//etc/sysconfig/network-
>> scripts//ifcfg-lo.rpmsave'"
>
> Look at that path... see the extra slashes? That's got to be causing the
> symptoms you are seeing.

Yes, I saw the extra slashes and tried keying the path both ways, and both
worked. But where might the system be picking those up? I didn't enter
anything that way except in testing, as above.

Sometimes after that message I get a mesage that device rtl8129 can't be
found and that may cause delay in initializing. The network card is a
Realtek 8169, and the network configurator finds that and inserts it.
Deleting the old config and starting over produces the same results.