Re: [Nolug] Can-t reactivate eth0

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:37:42 -0600

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 5:18 pm, John Tiedeman spake:
> > Is the rtl8129 module loaded? Do lsmod and see.
>
> Not loaded, can't find on hd. Found where to download it using this
> machine, p subnotebook without fd or cd capabilities.

That's strange. try searching for it on the disk: "locate rtl81", or "find /
-name rtl81".

As for downloading it, *if* you did that, you'd still have to compile it for
your machine --- not the way to go.

I would take the easy way out and look for another NIC to put in the box.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL