Re: [Nolug] Verizon high speed wireless

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:07:22 -0500

Chuck wrote:
> Is anyone aware if any of these services are Linux compatible?

I was able to attach my Samsung phone with Sprint service to my Debian
laptop and use it as a regular modem. Since the phone talks the regular
"AT" command set over USB serial, there weren't any issues of
"compatibility".

Note that the configuration I used isn't "supported", even under
Windows. Sprint would much rather sell you a special card with
$40/month service than let you use your existing PCS Vision plan to
access then Internet.

Mark.