[Nolug] Linux box stuck in boot procedure

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:42:26 -0600

I p owered down simply to move the NIC to the Windows machine and now it
keeps hanging on "<6>8139too Fast Ethernet driver 0.9.27"
     I don't even know if I need that. The NIC build into the mobo is 8169.
I got the driver and downloaded, unzipped, etc., and ended up with r8169.o
if my memory is still reliable. I could install it in the win box if I could
read CDs. Both systems tend to recognize CD readers but then claim there is
no medium when I know there is a CD in the drive. I think my SCSI CD died
(in Linux box) but have a Sony DW-U18 attached via USB, and a Sony DUU-1612
in the win box, as well as an Iomega zip 650 (ZIPCDUSB) and have tried
downloading drivers for all these with little success. There is a win driver
for the 8169 on the CD that came with the mobo so that problem will be
solved when I can read CDs.