Re: ISO burning tools for XP was Re: [Nolug] Verizon high speed wireless

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:32:09 -0600

Chris Johnston wrote:
> Will this work with Windows 2000? I recently burned a CD called
> Auditor Security Tools on an XP machine using Roxio. It is supposed
> to boot up like Knoppix but it doesn't work. It shows an iso on the
> disk when I view it in Windows Explorer. I was going to save it to my
> Windowqs 2000 machine and reburn it. Any suggestions?
>
> Chris Johnston

ISO Recorder will ONLY work with Windows XP. Its basically just a
Powertoys extension that allows that built-in XP CD burning APIs to
handle ISO files.

CD Burner XP, the freeware suite, DOES work with Windows 2000 and NT.

As for the problem with the bootable CD... There really isn't anything
you can do when you burn an ISO that will break its "bootability"
(that's a new word isn't it). Either the image is bootable or it
isn't and that depends on how the author creates the image.

Jeremy