Re: [Nolug] need windows macro help

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:23:08 -0600

> Otherwise, it looks like you'll need to write a VB program using the
> Outlook.{Application,Namespace,MAPIFolder,ContactItem,...} COM objects,
> then probably use Task Scheduler to actually run the program.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Kevin

Is it possible to have a script run in the background? Or is everything
absolutely tied to the GUI? I can already point-and-click and export to Excel
format, though making it cleaner or shorter (perhaps 1 click to do
everything, for instance) might be helpful.

I'd really like to have it happen hourly without the user having to do
anything. One of the users in question will probably balk at having to
manually export his data (and he's a high-level manager, so I'm not going to
be able to make him do it).

GPG key fingerprint = 8F11 D859 81A6 DE8C 5429  4A07 7146 1AFD 5C41 161E
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL