Re: [Nolug] DSL

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:43:12 -0600

David Cox wrote:
> I have booted up with DSL.Runs very good.
>
> I checked several things on my server /sbin/ifconfig -a
>
> what showed up was 127.0.0.1 but nothing else.
> I am able to go into webmin using https://127.0.0.1:10000
>
> also did lspci and the network card is indeed there.I am using the current computer with the exact network card and its connected.
>
> I did lsmod and didn,t find that the module was loaded, what should I look for??

if you know the name of the module, manually insert it.
"modprobe <module_name>"
/sbin/ifconfig -a will then list an interface. use ifconfig to set a static IP
or start dhcpcd or pump (don't know which DHCP client DSL uses). The reason I
suggest Knoppix is because it is very good at autodetection.

> David Cox

Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com>
"Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers"
gpg key fingerprint=7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5