Re: [Nolug] New Member intro

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:16:34 -0600

Trey Fox wrote:
> hello all. my name is trey fox, i am fairly new to the area. i moved
> here last aug. i am in the coast guard and was transferred here to the
> marine safety office. i in the enlisted ranks for the time being,
> however i am only about 30 hrs from a bach. from there i hope to get a
> commission and become an officer. i am married with 2 great little
> boys. ( http://photos.yahoo.com/cubsfan14 ) currently i am running
> suse 9.1 but am growing tired of it. i think i am gonna switch to mdk
> 10.1 with a dualboot of slack 10.1. i have to keep a user friendly
> distro for my wife since i did away with windows entirely about a yr
> ago. well that's a brief intro of myself. i hope to be at the next
> meeting in march.

Welcome to the neighborhood... I'm Jeremy, resident BSD (along with a
few others) and Tru64 guy. Its good to see a Coastie on the list...
  I worked for the USCG at the Federal Building downtown about three
years ago in the Department of Planning and Readiness/Homeland Security
as a civilian. I designed a project database for them and edited the
District 8 Operations Manual... I don't remember if I ever made it
down to the MSO while I was there.

I'm currently (still) a student out at UNO with half a semester left
till I'm done. I've been a NOLUG member since around 2000, but
because of work, school and research, I haven't been able to make the
meetings... So if you happen to see me there, its a VERY rare
occurence.

Jeremy