Re: [Nolug] Cox Problem?

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:02:12 -0600

John Souvestre wrote:

> I agree with you, however:
>
> 1) A router should not drop even low priority traffic, in general. Certainly
> not 15%.

Ideally, yes, you shouldn't see a loss of low priority traffic that
high. However, without knowing exactly how Cox has their equipment
setup, especially customer counts per node, its all "academic." I
agree that 15% is way too high for even low priority traffic, but I'm
used to networks that run in far more ideal situations...

> 2) If you have just local packet loss due to a periodic problem it is a safe
> bet to say that under peak loads the router is going to lose routed packets
> also.

Certainly...

Jeremy