[Nolug] Fwd: Thanks for registering with Apress!

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:52:28 -0600

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Thanks for registering with Apress!
Date: Thursday March 24 2005 07:50
From: janet@apress.com
To: joey@joeykelly.net

Dear Joey Kelly,

Thank you for registering New Orleans Linux Users Group with Apress!

In this message you will find:

1. Overview of Membership Benefits
2. User Group discount on Apress books
3. Earning free books for the group

*********************

1. Let's review the Membership Benefits:

* 25% off regular Apress and friends of ED titles (info below)

* Free promotional items like our famed Apress t-shirts, which the group can
 use for raffles and giveaways

* Free books for reviewing

* Author speaking engagements: If our authors are in your region, I'll be
 happy to try and arrange a visit to a group meeting

* Advanced PDF's or review copies of books before they are publicly released

*********************

2. To obtain the User Group discount:

A.) Place your order with 1-800-SPRINGER or sales@apress.com and make sure to
 mention the promotion code, "APRESSUG."

B.) When placing the order, be sure to mention the NAME of the user group.

*********************

3. Obtain FREE books for the group:

We are happy to send Apress books for your raffles and giveaways! In
 exchange, we ask that the book winner publish a review on the group website,
 on a blog, or in a print publication.

If your group would like guidelines or suggestions for writing reviews,
 please view our suggestions here:
 http://www.apress.com/userGroups/writeareview.html

*********************

Finally, please let me know if the group hosts a large event or party, and
 I'll see what Apress can do to sponsor or participate. I look forward to
 keeping in touch with you and the group!

Sincerely,

Janet Crosbie
User Group Liaison
(510) 549-5930 (x 121)
janet@apress.com

GPG key fingerprint = 8F11 D859 81A6 DE8C 5429  4A07 7146 1AFD 5C41 161E
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL