Re: [Nolug] Cox Problem

From: Matthew Landry <mhlandry_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:23:08 -0600

John Souvestre wrote:
> Hi Charles.
>
> Thanks for taking this seriously.

> The bottom line is that the problem causes customers using your connection to
> suffer when connecting to my mail and web servers. I imagine that it causes
> problems for them at other sites too, but I can't say.

Me and two of my buddies are having troubles staying connected to online
games. We all use cox, and the problem happens with all of us at
roughly the same time.

During a ping session, I notice that fairly often I'll drop about 8-10
packets in a row. That's enough to kill anything whether it be instant
messenger, online gaming, etc.

There's probably nothing I can do about this except hope it goes away.
But maybe someone has an idea. Oh well.

- Matt