Re: [Nolug] forward from John DeMajo

From: Friedrich Gurtler <fgurtler_at_tulane.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:12:09 -0600

Scott Harney wrote:

> It doesn't pull up using firefox (with the user agent switcher
> configured to claim it's IE 6) on Windows or linux. I get an "error on
> page" message. So it's certainly ActiveX. That's probably going to
> be real flaky at best on crossover if the app is programmed that
> tightly to the IE5.5 or higher platform.

Not necessarily. The differences between mozilla and IE aren't limited
to ActiveX control. If you look at the site, it uses IE style event
handling and uses non-standard html element properties, like
insertAdjacentHTML instead of doing DOM manipulations.

I set Internet Explorer to prompt before activating *any* Active X
controls, and I didnt get a single prompt from their site.

So odds are they are just using the .NET framework to spit out less than
decent DHTML, which is why it wont work for mozilla. Thats pretty par
for the course. Microsoft makes its way easier on developers than the
standards way. =)

So give it a try with Crossover. If that fails, you can always fall
back on VMWare =/