Re: [Nolug] Cox Problem

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:04:21 -0600
For these Cox connection drops, there is no robust enough program. (Except web browsers which keep waiting forever.)

I have been satisfied for the Cox service in my area (Excluding customer service), however within the recent 6 months there has been unacceptable amount of small daily outages. Especially I see these outages immediately when my SSH connection drops, and naturally at the same time my remote desktop connection to one of my servers. Putty has zero tolerance even for the shortest outage.

An average evening, these dropouts happen 3-10 times.

Petri

Brett D. Estrade wrote:
During a ping session, I notice that fairly often I'll drop about 8-10
packets in a row.  That's enough to kill anything whether it be instant
messenger, online gaming, etc.

If that is enough to kill whatever app it is that you are using, you
should use a more robust program.

Brett

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:23:08 -0600, "Matthew Landry" <mhlandry@cox.net>