Re: [Nolug] Cox Problem

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:47:08 -0600

> I have been satisfied for the Cox service in my area (Excluding
> customer service), however within the recent 6 months there has been
> unacceptable amount of small daily outages. Especially I see these
> outages immediately when my SSH connection drops, and naturally at the
> same time my remote desktop connection to one of my servers. Putty has
> zero tolerance even for the shortest outage.
>
> An average evening, these dropouts happen 3-10 times.

Unfortunately, I have to weigh in on this one. I hadn't really noticed
anything until today, but I've been getting lots of little 3-to-5-minute
dropouts all day. I haven't taken the time to reboot the modem nor my
firewall, though, so I'm not positive it's my Cox connection.

GPG key fingerprint = 8F11 D859 81A6 DE8C 5429  4A07 7146 1AFD 5C41 161E
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL