Re: [Nolug] Why AMD64?

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:23:11 -0500

Unless you have a compelling reason such as running high end games on
windows xp, I'd say that 64 bit is not worth the extra $$. It doesn't
offer any speed up, plus the 64 bit processors are hovering around
significantly lower GHZ. On the other hand, the memory bandwidth (fsb,
etc) is much higher. Perhaps you can list some things you'll be using
it for and what OS you plan to run on it.

Brett