Re: [Nolug] Why AMD64?

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:22:54 -0400

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 09:23 -0500, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> Perhaps you can list some things you'll be using
> it for and what OS you plan to run on it.

Mostly I ask because I see people talking about getting the 64bit
machines but I don't know what benefit they offer.

I'm not a gamer, so that part doesn't attract me.

However, I was talking to a CISCO guy last week and he recommended that
I use AMD64 for the faster file access on a server. I hadn't heard of
this before.

So, where is a nice friendly article for server admins about AMD64 on
servers?

Mark.