Re: [Nolug] Why AMD64?

From: Paul Taylor <pltaylor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:03:42 -0500

Even with the x86_64 SuSE 9.2 there are a few common things not ported yet,
not a biggie unless your are into flash games, etc..
All the majors: firefox, open office, etc are there.

To answer the question about significant, measurable improvement?

I have not run benchmarks of any kind, but I can say that I have not experienced
any dissatisfaction or found myself being impatient waiting for a program
to get on with it.

All in all I am happy with the box, but I would say it is not a necessity.

Paul

--
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE
SAFELY  IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER