Re: [Nolug] google storage (funny)

From: Joe Wilger <joe_wilger_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:58:22 -0700

What? There are Geeks on this list?

Cool.
Joe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark A. Hershberger" <mah@everybody.org>
To: <nolug@nolug.org>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Nolug] google storage (funny)

(What did you expect? You sent the email to a mailing list filled with
geeks. Someone's gotta say something!)

Mark.

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:22 -0500, Chris Reames wrote:

> In addition, you will notice a slight weight gain due to the increase in
> rotational speed. Google regrets any in convenience, but chooses to
> view this increase in gravity as a positive health benefit due to the
> increase in cardio-vascular exercise the entire population will gain
> from this undocumented feature.

Gravity is not affected by the speed of rotation. Gravity can be
simulated by the use of centripetal force
(http://www.regentsprep.org/Regents/physics/phys06/bartgrav/default.htm),
which is probably what you are thinking.