Re: [Nolug] google storage (funny)

From: Chris Reames <chris_at_drugfreemro.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:25:45 -0500

Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:22 -0500, Chris Reames wrote:
>

>>In addition, you will notice a slight weight gain due to the increase in
>>rotational speed. Google regrets any in convenience, but chooses to
>>view this increase in gravity as a positive health benefit due to the
>>increase in cardio-vascular exercise the entire population will gain
>>from this undocumented feature.
>>

>Gravity is not affected by the speed of rotation. Gravity can be
>simulated by the use of centripetal force
>(http://www.regentsprep.org/Regents/physics/phys06/bartgrav/default.htm), which is probably what you are thinking.
>
>(What did you expect? You sent the email to a mailing list filled with
>geeks. Someone's gotta say something!)
>
>Mark.

Cause and effect was what I was thinking of...if you increase the speed
of rotation, you increase the centripetal force of a free floating body
(ie in fluid) the rotational speed of the surrounding bodies (unless
fixed into position) will increase. Eg. toilet water. Free floating
objects will increase speed when you flush. Contrary, your head (being
fixed to your shoulders) will not increase in rotational speed. You may
wish to perform this experimental exercise at your leisure. *smirk*
(I believe there is a function expressed as the declination of speed vs
distance, but I can't recall if it applies to this situation.)

I also believe that gravity is simulated by centrifugal force, as the
objects are being forced away from the central rotation.
but thats just me...maybe I don't exist