[Nolug] SYSLOG Recommendation?

From: Charles Jouglard <pcguy1_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:42:20 -0500

Hello,
Before I go forward and work to create a syslog program that can meet my
requirements I thought I would ask if anyone has used or seen one that I'm
looking for that runs under (insert flavor here) Linux.

I've used several under windows and linux that have many limitations. Basically
I need one that can received syslog messages from multiple devices and sort and
archive them by device as automatically as possible. Or, with little human
interaction other then to review the logs.

Has anyone seen such an animal?

Cheers,
Charles