Re: [Nolug] SYSLOG Recommendation?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:03:30 -0500

On Thursday April 28 2005 15:42, Charles Jouglard spake:
> Hello,
> Before I go forward and work to create a syslog program that can meet my
> requirements I thought I would ask if anyone has used or seen one that I'm
> looking for that runs under (insert flavor here) Linux.
>
> I've used several under windows and linux that have many limitations.
> Basically I need one that can received syslog messages from multiple
> devices and sort and archive them by device as automatically as possible.
> Or, with little human interaction other then to review the logs.
>
> Has anyone seen such an animal?

I haven't done it, but syslog on *nix is able to receive log info from other
machines. Once there, you ought to be able to parse for each host.

Scott?

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL