Re: [Nolug] polite rant (was: Webhosting suggestions?)

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 16:09:11 -0400

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 12:46 -0700, Brett D. Estrade wrote:

> BSD-geek, maybe, but *any* script kiddie
> can set up a linux box, so it ain't kewl no more.

There are a lot of people installing Apple's Tiger this week. Seems to
me that BSD is easier to install than Linux now. I guess you could say
that your grandmother could install BSD. ;)

> they just want to get from A to B.

Even a good number of Linux people want that. I do. Which is why I'm
very happy with Ubuntu. It lets me keep Debian around (so I don't have
to re-package all that software I have), lets me continue to be a free
software zelot (as opposed to just another anti-microsoft luser) but is
as close to drop-dead easy as free (libre) Linux lets you get.

--
More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks, which shows
you how good we are at evaluating risk. -- Bruce Schneier