Re: [Nolug] polite rant (was: Webhosting suggestions?)

From: Jesse Planck <jesse.planck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:00:52 -0500

> *shrug* I'm a self-respecting Linux geek and I have my domains
> professionally hosted.

Me too.. My friends and I ran out of space, time, and money to keep
our domains at home.

It took me quite some time to find a host that had IMAP at a decent
price in 1999. I was going to be so very disappointed if I couldn't
replace my cyrus/postfix/apache/php/mysql rig.

*sniff* If it wasn't for billing screwups with the T1 from bellsouth
I'd probably be writing a different comment today... (was supposed to
be one of those "trottled" frac Ts, but they screwed up... and kept
billing and billing and billing at three times the quoted price... My
buddy running the business finally threatened bankruptcy and shut it
all down)

I guess sometimes it's not the loss of the geek/coolness factor that
does it to ya.

Jess.