Re: [Nolug] polite rant (was: Webhosting suggestions?)

Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 23:35:06 -0500

Kevin Kreamer wrote:

> *shrug* I'm a self-respecting Linux geek and I have my domains
> professionally hosted.

Well, there are some pretty damn good reasons to go that route as well.
    I mean, how many people have 20+ minutes of UPS power backed by
diesel or NG generators at their homes ? How many people have
redundant routes to the internet in the event of a connection going down
?

I'll admit that I have my domains hosted on a box in data center that's
managed for me. Not only is it more reliable than having it at home,
but I barely have the time to keep the private systems on my LAN running
(read this as patching and upgrading)...

Jeremy