[Nolug] djbdns

From: David John <david_at_digitalsolutions-la.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:44:28 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

I've been using djbdns for a while and thought I'd share some of the neat
things it can do, namely "DNS Poisoning" (you can do this with Bind as
well).

First of all, here's how to install djbdns:
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

Now, if you administer a network and you're sick of all the adware/spyware
wasting bandwidth, just poison the domains they looks for.

More info.:
http://www.jms1.net/djbdns/blocking.html

So for example, you could tell your dnscache that "brodcast.net" points to
a local tinydns "poison" server that returns "does not exist". Neat!

Hope that helps someone. Take care.

David John